Day 25 of blogtober2014 has me talking about books ❤
Your favourite book
Well, I really can not just name ONE favourite book. After all there are different genres, different languages, different moods I’m in to feel connected to a story etc. So I decided to make a little list of favourite books, yea?!
- Children’s Books: Snow White & the seven dwarfs – my favourite fairy tale of all times since early childhood days
- Young Adult: Das Lied der Träumerin by Tanya Stewner who usually writes children’s books, but has made a really good debut into the young adult genre with this book (unfortunately not translated into English yet). It has music, love triangles, secrets, dark desires and a whole lot of “finding oneself” among the protagonists.
- Dytopia: The Children of Men by P.D. James – Chilling, post-apocalyptic story that sucked me in from start to finish. So did the movie they made based on this book. I recommend both!
- Women’s Fiction: Auf der anderen Seite ist das Gras viel Grüner by Kerstin Gier – If you could turn back time 5 years, would make the same decisions in your life, fall in love with the same person ??
- Contemporary: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – A story with characters so strong and vivid, they will stay with you for a long time after you finished reading. At least that’s how it was for me.
- Fantasy: The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers – A must-read for everyone who loves books, reading and the suspense & excitement of immersing oneself in a fantastic story.
- (Japanese) Classic: Botchan by Natsume Sôseki – a humorous Japanese classic by my favourite Japanese author, and just because the male protagonists reminds me a lot of myself 🙂